View Single Post
Old 12-01-06, 11:36 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CrosseyedCrickt
I had 8 wonderful days off for Thanksgiving and spent each on playing with my son and doing things around the house. I only made it out for one ride in those days and it was only about 10 miles to the store.
I didn't recall really eating *too much* in those days but I guess all of my slothness caught up to me. I stepped on the scales here at work and saw that I gained a little over 6lbs in those 8 days. UGH!!
Time to cut back on the frozen pizzas and get my butt moving some more.
The bad part is that I have another 8 days off coming Christmas, maybe I'll dust off the weights and start doing some strength training when I am home.
It's hard to go out and ride on my 4 days off. The 4 days that I work I don't get to see my family since I work 13hrs and spend 2 more commuting. I work 4 days then am off 4 days. And I really enjoy spending time with my 16mo old son, and I can see that he misses me on my work days.
Time to start a new plan for exercise.

Anyone else have Thanksgiving treat them a little worse than they had planned?
I actually managed to lose three pounds over November

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant