View Single Post
Old 11-04-03, 06:00 PM
TrekRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fujibike
This is a similar topic and it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Family & I crossing the parking lot to go into Wally World. An elderly gentleman with a 25 lb bag of dog food in the bottom of his basket was opening the trunk of his car, incidentally parked in a handicapped zone. I stopped and offered to put his dog food & groceries in the car. He said he would very much appreciate it and then said "Thank you young man." LOL I guess 50 is young to him...I felt good about it but dear wife kinda looked at me like I was nuts. Made his day and made mine.
Today on my ride on this spectacular 80 degree early November day, I saw an elderly man walking along, using a cane and grimacing, perhaps not in pain, but for some reason or another.

I was not going very fast, up hill and all, and when I got close, I said "Afternoon, sir, how are you doing? Isn't this just the most wonderful day?" His face blossomed into a wide grin, and said "Sonny, it most certainly is! You have a wonderful ride, hear?"

Isn't it wonderful what a few friendly words can accomplish? Not only that, I felt good about brightening his day and about being 57 and called "Sonny!"