View Single Post
Old 12-04-06, 07:08 PM
pmseattle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banzai_f16
I posted this in General, but after a week have received no replies...so now I'm turning to my commuter brethren.

I'm looking at the Performance Access XCL frame, and wonder if anyone has any experience with this. I want to build a casual "knockaround" bike for very short runs places, and something that guests can ride when they visit. I typically commute on a "road" bike, so this project has a different aim.

I wanted the Nashbar MTB frame...but it is now sold out in my size, and they say it is discontinued. Bummer.

Anyhow, does anyone know anything about the Performance frame? I.e. good, bad, indifferent. Nice ride, bad geometry, etc? Who makes it? Overall quality?

I queried Performance, to no avail...
I have one ( although I got mine from Supergo just before they all turned into Performance ). IMHO they are very well made, lightweight typical XC geometry MTBs. They generally cost more than the Nashbar MTB frame but from what I have seen of both frames, the Access has a much nicer fit and finish. The welds look very good, whereas the welds on the Nashbar branded frames look very crude and sloppy. The only complaint I have with my Access MTB is that the paint seems pretty fragile, but I guess it's not that big of an issue with an aluminum frame. I built mine with a rigid fork and disc brakes.