Old 12-05-06, 08:09 AM
arcticbiker
1coolrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tokolosh
which reminds me somehow. what happened in the end with that woman from last winter who said she hated people who bike all winter and wanted to run them down with her car?
I passed a long line of cars in traffic on my way home a few years ago. An irrate commuter disgusted with me for passing him to the front of the traffic stop yelled and screamed while flipping me off "Why don't you ride on the trail?" Knowing better than continuing an altercation with a furious truck driver, I waved and sped onward.

As the traffic flow passed me by, the truck driver screamed again and then pulled over adjacent to a driveway nearly blocking my way. Then challenging me to pass him so he could run me off the road. With his passenger window down, his admonishments became louder. I stopped a a foot short of his truck knowing better than to try and pass him, all the while smiling and waiting for traffic to continue on. Sure enough the line in front of him had traveled on and the cars behind him were honking at him. This really enfuriated him to the point he lurched his truck at me.

By now, I'm really pissed, but managed to stay out of the way. I focused on the license plate number and memorized it on the remaining 15 miles home. I called the cops about the incident. The next day a police officer came to visit me at my office. She paid a visit to the driver and reminded him that I had a right to ride on the road. This lunatic could have easily hit me So be careful out there. Cars and trucks are a lot bigger than you and your bike.