Old 12-05-06, 01:59 PM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Machka
Well, "Endurance Cycling" might be a good name, and if it can be changed, and enough people care about changing it, I suppose it could be changed.

However, to me, "Long Distance" is more inclusive than "Endurance". You see, to me, endurance rides start at somewhere around the 300K or double century, and ultra-distance rides start at the 24-hour point. Long Distance rides, then, include centuries and those training for centuries. But that might just be my perspective.

Nevertheless, the blurbs under the headings are there to further describe the forums if the titles of the forums happen to be a bit vague ..... although I do kind of wonder how many people read them.

Machka,

I think the forum is fine as it is... its arguing about semantics at this point.

If some people want it changed maybe they can start a poll and lobby for it... you've done enough work getting us this far - we LDrs who post here aren't discounting or disparaging any type of riding - its just that in this specific forum we've defined things in a certain way... if people don't agree, there are other forums that may be a better fit for their riding style.