Old 12-06-06, 09:36 AM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ColorChange
They are Nokian Hikkepelitta W106 700cc x 35. Unfortunately the highway is pretty busy and everytime I tried to bail out to the right I was fighting to stay upright. I really didn't want to fall out into the road in traffic (yikes).
I would not bother trying to ride in snow/slush next to 65mph traffic. If I had to ride that road (i.e. no other alternatives with slower speed), I'd take my place in the middle of the lane and watch my back. If there are traffic lights at the intersection, you'd generally be dealing with packs of cars which is good and bad. It's good because if you can get the first car in right lane to slow, then the rest are forced to slow down as well. It's bad because packs will often drive fast and tight and if the first guy waits until the last second to change lanes at full speed, the guy behind him may not see you up ahead. I'd want to be standing on the pedals giving everyone the biggest view of me possible so that they know there is a slow moving vehicle to pass up ahead. What you need to convey to the motorists as they approach is that you have no intentions of moving over so they must slow down. It won't be peaceful but it's not impossible. It's still better than driving in my opinion