Old 12-06-06, 02:35 PM
runnercyclist
Tires- 2 skinny, one fat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigmark
OK, my basement is almost mine again. I removed a bunch of old furniture (actually got a 10yard dumpster to clean house), now I am going to arrange what is left so I can have a TV room and still keep my trainer setup all the time. I have the TV, VCR, DVD, radio, and fan. I will be good to start tomorrow night.

Here is what I plan on doing to get my base line for training.
I am going to get my speed to 14.5mph with a cadence of between 80 to 90 in 3-5 gear. This should give me the proper resistance setting for what I use to ride on the flats.

Once I have that I will just work on time and distance. I figure that as my time and distance increase so will my fitness level. I know that I will want to get out of the saddle every 15minutes so I don’t hurt, but as for time in the saddle, I want to be able to do 20 mile rides on the trainer with no problems. That will make spring time very nice.

If anyone sees something wrong with this idea let me know, but I feel that for me this will be the best way to train.
Looks good. I've been on my trainer for about two months now. It sucks, but it is better than not riding at all. I refuse to ride on the roads of Western Pa in the dark and cold.