View Single Post
Old 12-08-01, 06:52 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
My real name (on my birth certificate) is Denver "C" Fox. But, I was born in San Diego, CA.

I was named for my dad, whose real name was Denver Colorado Fox. He was born in Santa Monica, CA. I was supposed to be Denver Colorado Fox, Jr., but the nurse in the hospital made an error on the birth certificate, and my mom was sort of dopey from the anesthetic and signed the birth certificate without reading it carefully.

My grandparents lived in Colorado (Marshall) north of Denver just prior to my dad's birth in Santa Monica about 1912, and ran a coal mine.

So, why am I not Marshall C Fox??

When my sister was born in San Diego, the newspaper called and wanted to know if her name would be "San Diego California Fox."

I now live in the Denver area. There used to be a lot of theaters nationally known as "Fox" theaters. There was a theater named the "Denver Fox Theater." I used to get phone calls asking what movie was playing (at the Denver Fox) that night.

When my wife and I got married, the clerk at the marriage license bureau almost refused to give us a license because I kept saying my name was Denver Fox, and she kept saying she wanted my name, not where I lived. The same thing happens to me continuously in phone conversations with mail-order or motel/hotel reservations, etc.!!

No one ever forgets my name - for better or worse!!

Confusing, isn't it.

I did not name my sons Denver Colorado Fox the third!!

!