View Single Post
Old 12-08-06, 08:27 AM
Mazaev

Bikes: '05 Fuji Silhouette, '06 Specialized Tarmac Comp, '06 Bianchi Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First commute report (3rd day for this cycling n00b) :-)

Left to work last night with 22 degrees out and a 30mph headwind. Went past a local grocery store on Coney Island Ave that looked like it had just gotten robbed, with about 8 cop cars flying in from all directions.

Realized rather quickly that I overdressed and decided to pull over by prospect park to take off a layer. Got the most insane looks from people sitting in a car looking at me like I'm batshiat crazy. Rest of the ride was much better although I felt like I was wearing a parachute.

Ride home in the morning was awesome (23 degrees, sunny, windy); probably my favorite so far. Went past a bunch of really, really cold looking people with a big grin on my face and caught a tailwind over the Brooklyn bridge and almost all the way home to Midwood.

I'm already beginning to really despise pedestrians that walk out a quarter of the way into the road while waiting for a walk light. Cars on the other hand seemed quite courtious today, except for the lady that drove into the blocked off bike path on the Brooklyn side of the Brookyln bridge just as i was pulling into it.

I'm kind of wishing the weather would stay like this instead of climbing back into the 50's as it's supposed to within a day or two. I really need to get a proper jacket; Kenneth Cole just doesn't quite cut it.