Old 12-10-06, 11:01 PM
Don Kiphart

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Novarra Strada, Giant Sedona SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Kiphart
Yes I did. Unfortuantely, I have only had time and good enough weather to ride it once for
about 1 mile. It seems it will take a while to adapt to it. Kelvin at AngleTech cycles did a
good job assembling it.

I bought a Radical Design Solo pack. It fits over the top of the seat and seems like it will
work very well.

Don
I took my Seiran out for two 15 mile rides this weekend. The first was a bit wobbly but got
better towards the end. I tilted the handle bars down a bit more after I got back. I have
under seat steering. Today's ride was much better. I don't know whether tilting the bars a
bit helped or it was due to more experience riding. Now, I need to learn to trust the mirror
when crossing roads. I never use one on my DF bike. My average speed is also pretty
good. I am only about 2.5 mph slower on my Seiran. I know I will get faster as I get more
used to riding it. It also climbs quite well although slowly. My rides included several small
hills (rollers) and one two mile climb.

I do have a few questions. Do any of you have a Fastback pack on a Seiran? If you do how
is it mounted? I have mine mounted under the seat between the from of the seat and the
rear seat supports. How do you have the drinking tube fastened for easy access?

Finally, how do I tell whether the boom is properly adjusted, i.e. whether I have proper
leg extension?

I really wish I had bought my bike a year ago. I fought discomfort on my DF bike for three
years before switching, although I haven't given up on my DF bike. I will just reserve it
for short rides, at least for a while.

cheers,

Don