View Single Post
Old 12-20-06, 08:07 AM
dendawg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
We just bought a Computrainer as our xmas gift. Once I figured out how to get the software up and running it was great. One of the included courses was the loop of Central Park which I ride regularly, and when I got to the hills I am familiar with it really felt like it!. I also liked the fact that it comes with topo gps software that allows you to generate courses from mapping software or your gps. There is some learning curve with the software and the hardware itself. The biggest drawback for me is that we switch bikes, and while mounting and cabling is easy - 10 minutes or less, you need to calibrate the rolling resistance for the bike before using for accurate measurements and workouts. That process involves filling tire to max pressure, setting drag on the roller, riding for a while to warm up the tire, then getting your speed up to 25mph and letting it coast to a stop. That alone is bit of a workout. Even with using a single bike this needs to be done every time the unit has been turned off.