Old 12-21-06, 11:33 AM
Weaklink
Old & Tired

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Co-Motion Mocha advice sought...

My wife & I used to have a entry-level Trek Tandem that we rode while I was stationed in Hawaii. We really liked it, but sold when we moved. Now, 10 years later, we want to add a tandem to our stable.

We primarily ride mountain bikes on granny-gear-steep technical trails, night riding with lights now in the winter. However we also ride 40-50 miles on the weekends with friend on regular road bikes. My wife always has trouble hanging with me on the road, which always leads to fights, so I need to get back on the tandem and crank when I want and not worry about dropping her.

I'm thinking about a Co-Motion Mocha set-up with flat mtn bike bars and hydraulic disc brakes. We don't race and I'm not concerned about weight. Would like to ride gravel roads some, so that's why I'm leaning towards the 26" tires. Also, my back gives me troubles on my road bike after a few hours, so thinking the flat-bar comfort set-up is the way to go. I was riding my 30#+ full suspensin mtn bike with slick for 50+ miles before I bought my road bike, and liked it for comfort, it just wasn't as fast for my commutes.

Anyways.... Anyone see faults with my thought process?

Thanks!!