View Single Post
Old 12-26-06, 02:58 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Nope insurance goes with the car...and the driver. Just as an example, my son is a college student, we carry him on our insurance. If he is driving a borrowed car and has an accident that car owner's insurance will kick in, then they will file against our insurance. He is listed as an occasional driver, once he graduates from college he will have to get his own insurance, if he doesn't have a car he can't get insurance that I am aware of so he either has to get a "fleet" license, buy a car and insurance or get rid of the license. It makes no sense to me either...But what has come of it is people have a car, get the cheapest insurance they can on a payment plan make the first payment then no more, the insurance gets canceled but by the time the state catches up to them it can be up to a year later or more, then they can pay a fee/fine reinstate their plates and start all over again, and then they do it again, and again, and again. Eventually it catches up to them they suspend their license but they just drive anyway. IIRC NC has one of the higher incidences of repeat DUI offenders driving with suspended licenses. All I know is that I pay my vehicle insurance religiously and pray I never get in a wreck with the clowns driving around here.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon