View Single Post
Old 12-28-06, 09:46 AM
Doug5150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oilfreeandhappy
... I'm wondering what kind of bents everybody rides? ...
I started with a Sun EZ-Speedster SWB, but was not fond of the twitchy handling and the frame turned out to be jut a bit too short for me. I still have it, but planned on selling it.

(-I have no "normal" upright bikes anymore at all, either road or MTB. I got rid of the last one [a dual-suspended MTB with slicks] after I got the SWB and never rode the MTB anymore. I have no desire for any "normal" road bike at all anymore, but if I had someplace near that was good for MTB riding I'd probably own a MTB-)

Next was a Cycle Genius Falcon LWB, which I still have. This is very comfortable for long-distances but is rather slow, having a fairly-upright seat position.

Next is a RANS Fusion, which I still have. Not as comfortable as the LWB, but still WAY better than a "normal" bike.

...The Fusion I bought partly out of my own curiosity (a lot of recumbent riders were raving about it at the time) and partly as a "guest bike". The LWB was fairly easy, but the SWB was observed to be rather difficult for most people (not used to recumbents) to just get on and ride. The Fusion however is even easier: it feels much like an upright bike, and it's still a big improvment in comfort. People can sit right on it and ride for a hour or two at a casual pace, and they aren't complaining of butt and hand pain after 20 minutes.
-------
If I bought another bike it'd probably be the RANS Velocity Squared. It's a LWB (which I know I like) but it's got a bit better aero position than the LWB I already got.
~