View Single Post
Old 12-03-03, 08:30 PM
Otherland

Bikes: 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the best thing you can do for yourself is find something that you like to do, weather its biking, walking or whatever. Because if you dont enjoy doing it you most likely wont stick with it very long. My first bike almost 2yrs ago now was bought at Wally World on a whim (and it was in clearance). I wore 2 of them out in the course of a year and a half, but found something I LOVE to do .... ride. I started off wanting to lose weight and get off the couch... But now its not really about the weight (although I still like looking at the scale and seeing my weight go down ) Now riding has just become part of my lifestyle, if that makes any sense. If im not riding im thinking about my next ride and when im riding i'm STILL thinking about my next ride LOL One of the biggest suprises was taking my blood pressure about a month ago. When I first started riding I had really high blood pressure now its not even in the high-normal range... its just normal without medication.

Just start off slow and easy whatever you do, that way you wont get hurt or burn yourself out. And keep us posted because we all need a little motavation now and then.