View Single Post
Old 01-03-07, 10:51 AM
CrossChain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Paulie

The first time you pass that waitress you saw at Hooters in Pacific Beach the day before -- the one who couldn't take her eyes off you .
There is no logic here......Gary is talking about fixing FLATS, not HOOTERS. Hooters don't need fixing. Of course, in some cases, hooters are flats that have already been "fixed".

Personally, I've always liked that feeling (far from reality) of being self-contained and able to get back in on my own. Most of us have come in proudly using a piece of road trash for a tire boot or whatever. Fixing flats, while it detracts from the rhythm of your ride is a "time honored" cyclist thing. Besides, the more of them you fix, the less thought and time they take. More besides, sometimes fixing a flat is an enforced break that let's me really look at my surroundings and stand there being a part of things. Of course, when your friends wave goodbye with a "So long, dude"-- not so good.

I carry a patch kit and a few hex wrenches, a piece of tube for a boot, and a coupla handiwipes among the other junk in my bag.