View Single Post
Old 12-11-03, 01:39 PM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heck, when I was in my early teens (prior to drivers license) we would ride our BMX bikes all over town. It wasn't unusual for us to ride 30 miles in a day! No kidding. We used to leave from my house, ride to the beach, then the mall, then stop at one of the schools and play "bike tag" for a couple hours, and then to the BMX track for practice (Dad would bring the helmet and gear), then practice for a couple hours and ride home. All this with a 44/16 gear and a UNI Seat! (remember those?) We would almost NEVER sit down. Plus, we were hopping curbs, riding wheelies, launching drive aprons...etc. Mine was a GT Pro all maxed out. What were those rims that had the holes drilled out between spoke nipples with the different color rim strips? (Pro-Lines, Pro-Max..? I can't remember.)

Ah, those were the days!

Now I'm getting old and crusty and have to force myself to ride 3x's a week for an hour.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger