View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 03:33 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Now on that Heart Monitor----- SWITCH THE ALARM OFF. If you have a max of 167 and you can get to 160 you are fine. Well not when you get to 160 as you know you are working at that rate. If you can't get above 130 then you have a problem.

Now if you want to lose weight- then stay at around 135 to 140 and this is the weight loss area. You won't lose much at a time- or even for a few months but it will be coming off. On a ride hydrate well- At least one bottle per hour or 2 if it is hot. This will help the Body feel better. Asthma will not help on the breathing but I bet you can go longer and harder now than when you first started. Now on the weight- You are not losing any? Bet you are losing fat and putting on muscle though. The body must be feeling better and Except for the 6 pack- will be improving everywhere. (Cycling does not help on stomach muscles unless you are Carrying the bike up the hills and you are not doing that)

You are doing fine. It took me 2 years before I started to feel the Improvement, or at least after the initial fitness kick that came in, so you still have a year or so to go. It sounds as though you are trying too hard for your current fitness and expecting too much aswell. Slow down a bit- even up hills- keep the HR around 140 except for the final bit of a hill or sprint and start looking for the good points(Instead of the negative)

I don't know how hard you are pushing yourself or whether you are going out for milage, but look to doing a variety of rides. Try for higher milage- then try for a higher speed between two points. And if the body can take it- try for an extra ride a week.

You are doing fine. Cycling will get you fit, as you must have noticed, but not overnight.

Spike Milligan