View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 11:18 PM
SaiKaiTai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks to you, DnvrFox, for that paper. I won't pretend to have read it yet in careful detail but there seems to be everything I would want to know about HRmax (including that it is HRmax, not MaxHR).
Still, and all, in trying a few of the calculations (including the one that you should use if you have to use one), it seems I run in the 168+ to 171+ range. Hm. good to know, even if just ballpark. So, what happens when you hit (or exceed) your max? Is like what was once thought about breaking the sound barrier?

Originally Posted by jppe
... Your weight will fluctuate up and down throughout the week but at the end of a week if you're reducing calories and continuing to exercise throughout the week you should see a slow, steady decline in overall weight.

Reduced weight will have a huge impact on the hills. Combine that with continued improvement in overall fitness and over time and you will really see big changes ... after a while you'll look back and say, Wow........I can't believe I just zoomed up that hill that I used to have to stop on!!
And, jppe, thanks to you as, well. And again, to all of you.
I kind of figured that if you have less mass to push up a hill, that can't be a bad thing. That's what I want to believe, anyway. And, while, I don't think I zoom yet, I've ready seen that I can take hills now that I couldn't before. In fact, the hill I have to climb to get home was a goal of mine last year. Came straight up it tonight as a matter of fact.