View Single Post
Old 01-10-07, 07:44 AM
Fenlason

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
while I have not taken an actual count.. I have perhaps as many people here saying they have actually used the brakes and were happy with their performance... as those that say not to do it.

So I suspect that I will try them.

Elrey wrote " A joke, fool...."

hmm making fun of the new guy

Zonatandem.. I would love to try these other bikes... hmm perhaps not now that I have boughten what I have I would hate to fall in love with something else.

while I have had the opportunity to ride many other bikes.. these you mention I have not. Perhaps they are not allowed east of the Mississippi ?

I do not know specifically about some of these other bikes.. but I know for example what makes the paketa lighter [when it is] is mainly the parts chosen. Their frame is lighter than mine.. but not much. I know some people are using things like zzip carbon wheels with sewups.

while they might be fine.. the thought of using things like that makes me a little nervous.

Years back I did try a spinnergy up front.. on a tandem... it was way to flexy and I was gentle on it.

Personally I want durable and practicle... ok so perhaps spending this much for a tandem.. or for the zg brakes.. is not that practicle. but I myself am seeking an everyday bike... vs a seperate "race day" bike. I do realize that your own bike is an everday bike.

I would like to know more about your bike.. what parts you have and what it actually weighs.

I am basically just looking to upgrade my current bike a little. Will it make me noticeably faster? not likely. Again I have a friend that just bought the Paketa.. his bike is around a pound lighter than mine... I can perhaps fairly easily make mine just a little lighter than his

glenn