Old 12-13-03, 03:57 PM
shokhead

Bikes: 2012 Trek Madone 6.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poppaspoke
After having dealt with persistent back problems over the years (usaually kicks in on rides over 20 mi), I am considering some more "radical" solutions. 1) A recumbent of some type...I know nothing about them, unfortunately. 2) A road bike custom frame with a shorter top tube and longer head tube 3) A touring bike, minus fenders and racks. I am a 54 year old male who rides a LeMond Zurich...still have fairly decent legs and lungs, so I'd like something with a little performance. Currently I'm leaning toward option #2...I love the road bike mystique, but I'm fed up with discomfort and not being able to ride in the drops. Any comments or suggestions? Advice from riders with similar experiences would be particularly appreciated! Thanks.
Got a bad back for 9 years now.First i tried a LeMond but felt to streched out,thats LeMond.Got a regular so to speak road bike,fuji.Second,why are you in the drops so much,my back would hurt to on any road bike.I did 35 miles this morning and never got in the drops,50% on top of bar and 50% on the hoods.You also might try stopping after 15-20 miles for a few and strech a little and go on.Mine starts at about 20 or a little sooner i notice if i fight a head wind.I stand up on the pedals and strech around a little and stay on the top bar as long as i can on long rides and slowly my back is adjusting.I'm thinking a LeMond isnt a good fit for a bad back but not all bad backs are the same.