View Single Post
Old 12-18-01, 04:28 PM
velocipedio
human

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Teramo, 2000 Marinoni Leggero, 2001 Kona Major Jake (with Campy Centaur), 1997 Specialized S-Works M2, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a sprinter with a bit of the rouleur. I can ride long rides, metrics, centuries -- and still sprint for beer at the end. I haven't QUITE broken 60 km/h [peak, not maintained -- who d'you think I am, Marty Nothstein?] in a sprint yet... but I will next year. My proudest sprint was a 50 km/h [slightly] UPHILL sprint that I nevertheless lost [the guy I was riding with was just too strong]. I was proud to able to hold the speed for as long as I did.

I have to be honest, though, I'm not a climber, eitjer physiologically or by inclination. I hate climbs; they're work. That's why I seek them out and try to best them whenever I can.

Masochistic? Yes. But I figure that, even though I'll never be a climber [like a former Columbian pro I know], practice will make me a better climber and climbing will make me a better sprinter.

The Irregular Cycling Club of Montreal
Cycling irregularly since 2002

Last edited by velocipedio; 12-19-01 at 07:45 AM.