View Single Post
Old 01-14-07, 10:26 AM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which bike on trainer?

I don't think it's going to quit raining in SW Ohio so it's time to setup my new trainer. I've never owned a trainer before so I don't know if they cause any problems to the bike. I've also ordered some training DVD's and will be using them when they arrive next week.

I want to put the new bike (Trek Madone 5.0 WSD) on it so I can make a few adjustments to seat position, etc. I have 500 miles on the bike but switched saddles in the last 100 miles. I feel I need to get some more miles on this saddle to be sure it fixed the problem I was having with the original saddle.

The other bike I can put on the trainer is a Trek 1800C. It's very similar to the Madone but I planned on using it for winter rides to save the new one from salt and other winter conditions. It also has slightly larger tires and handles a little better on wet roads. Will the trainer do any harm to the new one? I've been told it's hard on the tires but I'm willing to replace the tire in the spring.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith