View Single Post
Old 01-16-07, 04:33 AM
ampalabike

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Serial number

Hi T-mar,
i have a frame here that appears to be a early Centurion, one which uses cinelli like pointed an drilled lugs and is fully chromed under paint, no Centurio decals but some from a small frame builder which might have reapinted the fram for a customer and then used his own graphics. It looks like at least two different bikes i found in the internet and in this thread. Here is the BB stamped number : MO J 59526. Since the bike is in Germany it should be from the early age and produced in japan. The follwing details are unclear to me, so I would ask anybody here for feedback in order t0verify whether it is a Centurion or not:
1. My frame has brazeon cabole guides on the toptube. This i have never seen on an other Centurion frame this age.
2. The BB features a flower style cutout conmsisting of four club like holes. Can anybody confirm this is a Centurion feature?
3. Dropouts are short horizontal Shimano. is this typical for a Centurion?
4. Seatpostcluster looks like Cinelli, is this an indicater for quality or make of frame and Centurion japan made?
5. Other Frames that style have a Aluminium Logo on the headtube. Mine has not neither holes for mounting. How where those badges attached, how did they look like? anybody has a picture?
I enclose some pictures and a link to my wool jersey album.
Any feedback is welcomned since I want to restore the frame accordingly eiterh being the Centurion or the smll frame buildrs make (Petit of cologne, by the way)
Regards
michael

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/Drexl/Petit+Sport/