View Single Post
Old 01-16-07, 03:56 PM
StokerPoker

Bikes: Pacific Duece AL with mods

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I park my bike inside when I'm at work, but the rest of the time it stays in the garage, under the grage door, or outside. It's a Trek 800 MTB with all original cables. The BB bearings were replaced in September or October. I have wax lube on the chain, but at this point, the only time I'm doing anything for this bike until spring is keeping it ridable. I'm carrying WD-40 and letting it thaw and dry while I'm at work, but that's about it. My cables and housings have needed replaced since before winter and I know they aren't going to break so it seemed silly to change them before. My rear axel is bent (typical of low end Treks I hear) so my bearings don't stay tight. I'm giving it a complete overhaul this spring. new wheels, cables+housings, lube/replace headset and BB bearings, brake pads and might even put a new chain on it. at this point, anything that's going to get damaged by snow, ice or salt on my bike probably needs replaced anyway. so I shoot the cables and stuff with WD-40 and worry about it later. I've got a FS toys R us special in the shed and some other junk around if the trek doesn't make it all winter. I know my bike deserves more respect than it's getting, but I'm working full time, and I'm a student. I just hope it forgives me in the spring.