Old 12-20-03, 09:23 PM
VegasCyclist
suitcase of courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikerRyan
Maybe I am reading the question wrong but "bushings" do not hold the air in the fork. O rings hold the air in and if you have a knicked o ring then your fork will lose air. To help keep from knicking them during assembly be sure to coat them with Rock Shox Red Rum when sliding the air shaft into the upper tubes. The other thing that could cause leaks is a scratched upper tube on the inside. If there is a deep scratch on the inside of your upper tubes (such as if when cleaning them out your screwdriver you used to push the rag through slipped and scratched the inner face of the upper tube) the o rings cannot completely seal the air chamber and in this case the problem is only repairable with a new set of uppers (fork crown, steerer, and upper tubes). IF you cannot figure it out your only choice is to send it in to either Rock Shox or to QBP as they do fork service now as well. Good luck.

-Ryan
well after assembly I tried to air up the fork and the bushing actually pops out so it is not seating like it should, otherwise the o rings are brand new as I also got a new HC2 part from QBP.... anyone know the labor rates from rockshox or QBP?