View Single Post
Old 12-24-03, 12:26 AM
Walter
SLJ 6/8/65-5/2/07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
I remember LeMond pulling out that race. Kelly is a guy who, maybe more than most, would have benefitted from modern radio communication with his DS.

I like Cipo. When Domina or before that Acqua & Sapone got the leadout train going it was a beautiful thing to see. Cipo is nearing the end of his career and will retire from the sport with a record many, many riders would trade theirs for. Also other than manufactured ones like his feud with LeBlanc there's been none of the scandal/allegations that seem to be ever-present in the peloton.

Yes, he's (very) showy and no he doesn't care for riding hills at all but that's been his MO for the better part of 20 years and while he doesn't lack for ego you don't hear him comparing himself to the GT winners either. He seems to know what his domain is and doesn't venture out of it.

It seems to have worked well for him, plenty of $ and his picture in the press with drop dead gorgeous women, (though I hear he's quite faithfully married), on a regular basis. It would certainly work for me.