View Single Post
Old 01-21-07, 10:13 AM
Xanti Andia

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha, Trek T100, Schwinn Fastback Comp, Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Value of a Co-Motion Speedser

This forum is pushing me along the way of accepting that I should spend almost as much money on a tandem than on a car. So I am still in the used route, to at least moderate the excess a little. Granted a tandem is more fun that any car.

The Co-Motion you saw the dents of in an earlier post is a 2006 Speedster Co-Pilot (S&S couplers), essentially stock, with some add-ons. As you saw by the dents, used but not too bad. Seller wants $4650 with the cases Any opinions? Co-Mo said no problems with the dents.

Size is fine except that my stoker might loose the suspension seat post (29" inseam on a Large frame, stand over height is OK, but I don't think she will have the additional 2.5 " required by the Thudbuster). However she does not have a suspension post in the current tandem. Maybe there is a suspension post out there that adds less height to the seat post.

I am dead set on S&S so I have a major limitation for the used offering.

Anyway, if any of you have an nice S&S coupled bike for sale, in a Medium or a Large....

Too many questions for a single post, and I'm not even sure how much prices and market are acceptable issues for this forum, but here it goes, I will appreciate any responses.