View Single Post
Old 01-21-07, 04:23 PM
Johnny_Monkey
Studs Terkel

Bikes: Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire; Merckx San Remo 76.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpearl
If you think dusting roadies on a SS or a FG is fun, wait 'till you dust 'em on a cyclocross bike. Not that I'm out to dust or be dusted, the only time I start scrapping is when a credit-card noobie (otherwise know as a Trek owner) start sucking my wheel while I'm warming up on the way to the trails. They're expecting a free ride on my energy while showing how cool they are 'cuz they can "draft". I pull the Johann Museuw antics on then, flicking my elbow and pointing to the ground next to me. Naturally, that doesn't register with them (due in part to the fact that the credit card never brought 'em an understanding of cycling's unwritten vocabulary with that Madone-esque ride, and also for the fact that they can't name one racer beyond Mr. Armstrong). I'll start riding like the little cyclocross bastard that I am, getting closer and closer to the edge of the path, knowing that my knobbies can take the crap and abuse found there that the slicks behind me can't, then give a last look back, flick my gears, and jump. Not that I'm trying to be a prick or elitist punk, there's no numbers pinned to my jersey or sponsors on my ride, but people getting dusted are those who either can't keep up with the other guy for whatever reason competative or not, or they just deserve a good smacking for wearing an ego or an attitude on thier sleeves.
How many watts do you crank out when your dusting someone? Do you go up to 400?