View Single Post
Old 01-21-07, 05:11 PM
DRLski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Winter clothings questions?

2 questions, 1st one...feet...what do you do?!?! I don't know what to do anymore, went riding today for an hour, meant to be out for two but feet got too cold, was 20F out today and 10F with windchill. Today I was using Northwave winter shoes with the gore-tex membrane and craft wool socks and within a half hour my feet were numb. I've tried feet heaters which don't do crap, I've tried doubling my socks up, and I was hoping these Northwave shoes would be my salvation but it's a no go, ideas? I've finally got EVERYTHING but my feet figured out.

2nd...today I used a pure virgin wool ski sweatshirt under my jacket instead of the normal polyester cycling jersey. My upper body has never been so comfortable when cycling in the cold my entire life, when I have the polyester top on I get cold when I start to sweat, but that wasn't the case today with the wool sweatshirt. Why don't they make these in cycling jerseys? The only ones I've seen are like $200 and are meant more for style than riding.