Old 01-21-07, 05:43 PM
sgtsmile
Speed Demon *roll eyes*

Bikes: 1998 specialized s-works mtn bike / 2005 Kona Jake the Snake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

I have driven some vehicles with ESC and have found that some of them (the one in the newer camry) were crude. I hope by 2012 that the harsh turning on of the systems is ironed out.

I would point out one thing though: if we introduce this in a widespread manner, it won't make any (serious) difference. Here is why. IF people drive as they do now, it will help. If this has the effect of making a car feel more stable, people will push the envelope and guess what, crash. We can look to all wheel and 4 wheel drive vehicles for an example. Vehicles with awd are safer in foul weather compared to front wheel drive IF they are driven with the same prudence as a front wheel drive car is. However, since they feel more stable (they are) people unwittingly push it, and largely cancel the effect. Just the other day I saw a driver of a Jeep take a corner in a manner that the stability of her straightline traction would indicate is good. She understeered clear across the intersection, over a ramped curb, through a snowbank, and moored herself. She and her daughter were ok, and since there was no one around at all, all it was was comical. But it does underscore my point. I wonder if she would have done that in my civic since it does not have the (real but exaggerated) benefits the jeep has in bad weather?