View Single Post
Old 01-22-07, 01:51 AM
Stray Cat
wussy

Bikes: Scott CR1, Trek 2200, Gary Fisher Tassajara, PedalForce ZX3 (coming)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First of all, thank you all for your replies and insight!

Definitely not going to drop that much money, in theory of "saving money", on a bike I haven't been able to ride.

Took a stroll through Plano Cycle about 30 minutes before closing on Saturday. Nice selection and very nice people. An older gentleman suggested to me being on a 60-62 and but he didn't have many in stock and none on sale in my price range. Very helpful though.

Went by on Sunday to Cycle Spectrum/Bike Island about 30 minutes before closing. (Gotta work on that timing issue. lol) Two guys working. Not as helpful and didn't provide much opinion from bike to bike or anything. Also... Kevin, they pulled the: Stand over, lift into crotch, and tell you it fits BS. "A 58 is perfect for you!" Good prices on everything and very light weight. Started talking about my Subaru covered in mud and the other guy started relaxing and just talking about cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Very nice and dropping back by tomorrow to ride a few bikes. (Only him working tom.)

Planning on stopping back by RBM tomorrow and getting some more advice, ride some bikes, and the heading over to CS to get a back to back feel. Would like for RBM to give me a lil better fitting advice then a bar into my crotch. lol Feel almost "helpless" shopping as they know, and I know, I haven't owned a road bike before and can be told anything, for the most part, with out calling them out on it.

Any other advice or comments greatly welcomed.