Old 01-22-07, 03:37 PM
Gimpdiggity

Bikes: Fuji SP-12S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked Up My New Bike Today!!!

After much debating and researching, I finally picked up my new bike today...and it was a bike that I had done some looking at but didn't really even consider it in my Top 5 choices.

It's a Schwinn Supersport. It's Satin Blue. It's a flatbar roadbike with 24 speeds.

I had been looking at the Giant OCR-2/3 and the Giant Cypress LX/SX bikes. The OCR was on the low end of my list because it was the most expensive. The Cypress SX had been at the top, but it was replaced by the LX due to the higher spoke count wheels being a bit more rugged.

I went to the LBS today to look at the Giants one more time, and when I got there I noticed the Schwinn sitting there all by itself. I went and looked at it and fell in love with it. I had done some reading/research about this bike because it was in my price range and was a style of bike that I liked, however I hadn't seriously considered it a contender.

I looked at it for a minute and was impressed by it's looks. The color was cool, the seat looked comfy, the wheels looked nice. I then started looking at the components and they were comparable with the price range that I was looking to spend in. I then got it out and sat on it, and that's what had me hooked...the stance was comfortable yet racey.

Then I started looking at other features that were important to me. It's got the holes to mount a rack, it's got rapid-fire shifters, and it's got a shock seat post.

I'm really happy with my purchase. I know it may not be the best bike in the world, but I was able to get the bicycle, a 5 year full replacement warranty (which covers even everyday wear and tear), a Blackburn LED headlight/tail setup, and a nice under seat bag all for the price that I was planning on spending on JUST the bicycle. So for under $700 bucks I got everything that I wanted, when I was planning on spending $750 on just the bicycle itself.

I guess the only thing I need to get now is a nice bicycle computer...but that's gonna wait for a few weeks I think.

Here's a link to the bicycle as best that I can find on Schwinn's site. Their site says it's a 2005 model, but the documentation that came with the bike says it's a 2006. I don't know if there's any difference...
http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/...ail.php?id=403