View Single Post
Old 01-26-07, 10:08 AM
ellenDSD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldguy52
But wait ...... if you bike vs car commuted for a year and would have flown over to see your mother either way, does that not result in a net savings?

If I change out all my light bulbs for flourescents, but still take a hot bath (instead of a shower) most nights anyway, just like I did before the change, is this not still a net savings?
A litte OT question: Does the shower use less water? I ask because, like ya'll, I'm doing my best to reduce consumption but those hot showers are my downfall!

Now back to the topic; I don't think an airplane trip to see ones family constitutes any sort of gross over-usage of facilities, power, etc. But if you're flying off, willy nilly, for pleasure trips.... I think that is a problem. And I think there are some folks out there who have worked hard and earned their financial success and so they feel entitled to reap the rewards. Somehow, the attitude that recycling and less consumption DOES NOT equal depriving oneself of the 'good life' has to be changed.