Old 01-27-07, 06:44 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 441 Times in 314 Posts
Quickest weight GAIN I can remember

Good morning Clyde-iscenti(?), permaclydes, thawed out clydes, honorary former clydes, etc etc

I'm not a lurker, since I quite regularly share my mechanical knowledge here and at classic and vintage and mechanics forums.
I WAS a bit hesitant to share an unpleasant fact of life that probably started, OH, mid November of 2006.

I Nullified 100% of my weight loss that I worked so hard for the previous 18 months to begin to bring under control. I guess I rationalized to myself that I was taking a well deserved winter break after cycling 4200 miles in 2006 and increasing my training rides to over 50 miles a pop and average speeds were approaching 18.0 mph.

So I got Out of the saddle, cued up the ESPN college basketball games, doubled up on the pizza and ice cream, had the full artery clogger salad bar at work. And now here I am: Late January 2007 pushing 250, knees are stiffening up, belly feels full, bending over just to tie my shoes feels like a chore - you get the idea.

I'm sure its mostly a motivational lapse and winter In-ertia, since I have ridden my rollers about 3 times in the last month and my spin is mostly still there.

Could those of you who have been there help a brother out? Just needin' to jump start the motivation cortex...

Last edited by masi61; 01-27-07 at 08:06 AM.