Bikes: Custom Custom Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
+1 for Cycling Peaks
and
+1 for PT SL.

Build up the PT on a light rim like an Open Pro, DT RR1.1, or Velocity Aerohead, and you'll have a light enough wheel that you can race with in a majority of races you do. Sure I might change out the PT wheel with something lighter and aero for an "A" race, but I've found that my racing data is the most valuable data. Training rides, no matter how hard you push yourself, will not replicate a race.

Cycling Peaks is hands-down, no questions asked requirement for any power meter. A power meter is worthless without software to interpret your data.

My Powertap SL and Cycling Peaks has been the single best cycling investment I have made. Its easy to track your rides and watch your progress. Its nice knowing that you really did have a hard workout even though it felt easy the whole time. (but then again, its really depressing when you gave it all you got and showed puny power numbers).

Would I buy it again? Yes, though if you were really serious with racing and training with power, you may consider an SRM, though it costs twice as much. But when you consider you have to buy two powertaps to have a training and racing wheelset, it evens out.