View Single Post
Old 02-01-07, 03:14 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Originally Posted by YMCA
Merlin- You are a FL racer. I am a 16 year vet of FL racing. We have and always still do allow cat5's, women, 55+ers and juniors to stay in the race and then do our best to keep track of where everyone is on the course.

Not sure why you even brought this up, as we totally understand the importance of keeping 5's in the race as long as possible.

Yes, we will pull riders, once they are under 5 laps to go, but that is neccessary for safety and scoring.

As far as cat4's and up and the other masters racers, they understand the rules and usually accept being whistled off the course if they are about to get lapped, unless they are in the main peloton of course.
I started to say in my original post that what I've seen in Florida is much more accomodating than I've observed in past years in other areas of the country.

And I'm not complaining personally. When I get dropped I usually try to scoot off the course anonymously well before I'm lapped. (unless it's a training race, and the custom is its ok to jump back in at the back.)

My post was motivated by another thread where a guy asked if it was ok to essentially do his own ITT off the back if it got too sketchy.