View Single Post
Old 12-25-01, 11:50 PM
Bike Spokesman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I absolutely agree with bentrider.

As I've said before, whenever my boss and I have a customer come in and ask us which bike we think is best, we simply tell them that what we think means nothing to them. What I may absolutely love in a recumbent, another person may completely hate. It also all depends on if you want manouverability, speed, comfort, or touring capability and to what extent to want all these things and what is your budget.

For example. We once had a customer come in. He had never riden a recumbent. From reviews he had decided the Rans rocket was the bike for him. We took him out on a test ride. It was very sketchy, but he was beginning to catch on. He tried many other SWB's and CWB's and other brands. He kept coming back to the rocket. He was about to buy it. We had him humour us and take out the Rans Stratus. He came back and said "this is the bike for me."

In all, no two recumbents ride the same (unless of course they are the same model) and with such a wide range of choices in the recumbent industry, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste. Not if other people like it or not. So my best advice when buying a recumbent is to (as bentrider said) find a riding group or go to a shop with a wide selection, and try all the bikes in your price range. See what YOU like