Old 02-05-07, 10:44 AM
cyclistjohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lee_rimar
While pedaling hard, there's now a distinct rasping noise. More noticeable on the down-stroke of my right leg than the left, but can be heard on the "power stroke" of either leg. Is louder the harder I pedal (e.g., uphill).

I have read the manual on how to stop squeaks, and will adjust/lubricate the indicated areas as soon as I can get some White Lightning or similar dry lube.

But - the noise is not quite a "squeak." Is more like somebody loudly saying "Shhhh!!" every time the crank comes round. My initial guess is it's the edge of the belt rubbing against the inside edge of either the front freewheel or the rear cog.

Any other Strida riders experienced this? Specific suggestions, areas that I might examine or adjust?
Do you have a sound recorder, maybe a digital camera with that function, then we could all listen?

So far, I've once had the front Allen screw, which holds the bottom tube bearing support, work loose. Tightening that fixed a similar noise.

Other than that, a bar of soap rubbed over the belt "teeth" keeps the bike nice & quiet ;-)