Old 02-05-07, 01:08 PM
theWretched

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
King County Commuters- Your input, please!

First off, I hope that this is the right section to post this in, I couldn't decide if this ought to be in the commuting forum or here (or neither...). So, hey, I'll just post it in both.

I'm an intern at Commuter Challenge, in Seattle. Right now, we're reviewing candidates for our Diamond Awards, which are given out annually (since '93) to workplaces in King County that make the greatest efforts towards reducing their commuting burden (i.e., less single drivers and more people riding the bus, carpooling, walking, telecommuting and... cycling!).

I was looking through the people that I've already interviewed and, well, most of the workplaces really don't deserve an award: the changes in commuting habits are mostly coming from gas prices or parking difficulties, not the company's actual interest in their employees' commute habits. So, I was hoping that some Bike Forums members from the King County, Washington area might be able to help me out.

Do you know of a company in King County that has made some serious effort to get people out of their cars, particularly in the last year? Being a cyclist myself, I'll be particularly impressed by bike-friendly programs, but the criteria certainly isn't limited to that.

Sorry about posting something a bit off topic, and thanks for the help.