Old 02-06-07, 04:23 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
We're getting closer, but we're still not quite identifying the problem(s) that you want to solve. Let's use your #1 as an example.

The problem you're trying to solve is poor roadway conditions. Presumably, the poor road conditions are potential hazards, that can lead to damage, injury and even death. Also, rough road conditions are arguably unpleasant to cycle on, and, so, are likely to discourage cycling. Those are the problems (related to your #1) that you seek solutions for. That's what I'm trying to get you to identify.

What about #2 and #3?
I don't know what you're getting at here. Yeah poor road conditions are a hazard. Does this discourage cycling? I do not know. Does the speed motorists drive discourage cycling? I do not know. Does the lack of facilities do the same? Again I do not know. The answer could be yes these thigs do discourage cycling. If it does then correcting these things will encourage cycling. If these things do not discourage cycling just make it difficult then correcting them will simply make cycling better. I do not have the time nor the patience to conduct a study as to whether or not these things do discourage cycling.

I see these problems as a cyclist because they directly affect me when I ride & others I ride with. I will stop short of saying I am working to improve these things for my benefit & the benefit of other existing cyclists in my community. I hope it has a greater impact then that. I hope it encourages more people who are not cyclists to get out & ride & become cyclists. If it does not, ok at least things improved for the existing cyclists.