Old 02-06-07, 06:48 PM
Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had lunch with the new NorCal MS Pres. Pat Bertotti and Director of Team MS, Megan Trask, and they are going to be the new sheriffs in town. This year's ride will NOT be like the same old crap Waves to Wines rides from years past. They have really good ideas and will implement them to make this year and the years to come much better.

This year's ride starts in Crissy Fields and will cross over the Golden Gate Bridge down to Sausalito... it will also incorporate part of the routes used in the Amgen Tour of Calif., Highway 1 and so on. So it will be very scenic and exciting.

Pat worked the MS150 rides in the Houston and Dallas areas and helped to make those wildly successful. In last years Dallas ride we had over 3000 riders! They hope to build a ridership and the community involvement like they had in the Texas area. And with as many cyclists as we have out here I think they can really make this into something special.

So I am going to try and help them in any way possible so that they can accompish this.

Riding with 3000 other riders is amazing as is the accomplishment of riding 150 miles for a good cause over two days! Above that though, I learned just how many people I was acquainted with had or knew someone that had/has MS. I learned a good friend of mine had MS so last year's ride became more personal and I rode for her.

It really does open your eyes and I hope more people participate. So I'll be bugging this and other forums when the ride is getting closer to join in on the ride. I fyou don't or can't ride they are also in need of volunteers!

So again, if you have any valid suggestions, please let me know and I can relay it to them.

Thanks!
Gary