Old 02-10-07, 03:39 PM
tblendell

Bikes: cannondale topstone, caad 10, trek superfly, bike friday pocket rocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
gadgetry! alti, hrm, cyclometer...

WHY waste my money on my IRA when there is always so much new BIKE STUFF that i REALLY NEED?!
I want an altimeter and a heart rate monitor and a computer:

i'm thinking of the Suunto T6. (it costs alot, i probably won't use the computer stuff because i have a mac)

or

the VDO bike computer with alitimeter (5 year warranty!) paired with a wrist type HRM (Nike?) so i can use it as a watch also.

is there any conceivable advantage to having the all in one T6 type of wrist computer? it seems that if one function fails the whole thing fails-i'm reminded of the tv's with vcr's built into them...

also the VDO mc 1 paired with a Nike or Polar (suggestions?) HRM will still be cheaper than the T6.

I also looked at the Nike Lance watch and pairing that with one of the many bike mounted computer/HRM's, but it seems to me that a watch style HRM would be more useful for running, going to the gym, sex, etc....

also, who NEEDS an altimeter? but i didn't even know you could get an altimeter on a watch unless you were a mountain climber or something. it just sounds so cool to actually see my altitude while struggling up Latigo cyn or wherever (wish i'd had one in the alps last summer!)

thoughts? suggestions?