View Single Post
Old 02-11-07, 09:50 AM
rufvelo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kensuf
So I was in a 4 bike pileup caused by a careless person on my local club ride yestderday. One guy broke a collar bone, I've definitely suffered some small tissue damage in my shoulder (will get it x-ray'd this morning), the third guy suffered some scrapes, and the guy who caused it was mostly OK with some blood/hand scrapes.

I'm out a 6 week old helmet (christmas gift, landed on my head, oh well, it did its job) maybe the forks (need to check the steerer out) and probably some PT/medical. The guy with the broken collar bone definitely's out some time, helmet, etc. And the third guy had a wheel destroyed.

Should we kick rider #1's butt?
Hopefully your group has some rules prior to setting out, and some leadership on the road to sort these things out BEFORE then happen.

If you already have all of this in place, then accept that crashes will happen sometimes - to all groups of all skill level. Recover well, make a personal decision if you want to accept this risk, and ride on with them, or not. BTW, I've fallen with EVERY category, even some 'pro's who needed coaching on how to hold onto a bottle.