Old 01-16-04, 08:00 PM
imprezaman

Bikes: Cannondale F300, Sherpa, Cheap Wal-Mart bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mountian Bike ride...ruined by train

Okay, my friend and me don't have very much time after school, but he really wanted to show me this 3 mile downhill trail, and so we firgured if I huried down there, we could make it, before it got to dark. So we meet at the handi store there, and head out, well we turn on these RR tracks, and head down a gravel road, where we meet up with some Birlington Northern guys who were like "A family was killed on the bridge when it washed out..so stay on the road, don't go on it..." So we ride, and then a train comes, and were thinking it will pass in a while, but then it just stops, dead on the tracks, and now we have a river to cross! Unless we take the bridge, but the only way to get on it, was to go under it, then around the other side! So we decided to go ahead, it wasn't that far to cross, we get around, and about have way across the horn, I hear the scarriest sound of my life...a train horn, and we can see the lights of it on the rail I throw my Cannondale on my back and start running, my friend just starts riding as fast as he can (thats insane, there is nothing between a 30 ft plummit, except a rope! ) We get across and I throw my bike up the cliff, and run up it, and we had to sit and wait for this thing to pass...it was scary becuase it was in a turn, and the thought of it derailing somehow scared me...all though I know its rare, but we were in its direct path if it did (1-1,000,000 chance but still...) So we decided to go down, one of "my" trails, and it sucked, his chian came off, and he almost lost it, and another buddy showed up, and rode with us on it to...but all in all...worst ride I have ever had!