gerv 
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I only recently discovered a big advantage of an mp3 player/ipod over CD/mp3 players. The ability to hold humongusly long mp3 files where entire audio books are on one single file and bookmark the place for returning later. I'm starting a book Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough tomorrow that is over 600 megs long, all on one file. My CD player that plays mp3 does not have a bookmark feature, essential for a 26 hour long spoken book; my mp3 player does.
I guess that's a good reason. My wife has one and uses it for walking, gym and so on, but I dislike using earphones will I'm walking or biking. I do like to listen to MP3 music on my computer. BTW, thanks for the recommendation of "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright on another thread. It's a good read.

Back on thread topic: one thing that does annoy me about quite a few SUV drivers are their aggressiveness, especially if there's ice and snow on the ground (like today...). Always seems to be a few of them in the ditch too. I think it might have something to do with being so high off the ground, they probably don't have much "road feel". You'd need an old Fiat 500 for that...