View Single Post
Old 02-15-07, 07:25 AM
Terrierman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm far too inexperienced to even consider building a bike. I wouldn't know where to begin with choosing components that would get me where I want to go. I'll be buying a bike this spring to replace/upgrade from the one (the only one) that I have now. This forum has got me reading a bit, considering options and wondering a lot. I think I want a flat bar road bike with a steel frame and fairly relaxed /upright riding position geometry. I have major back problems and don't think a regular road bike will work for me. I know I want a better bike with better components that will help me to ride a little further in the time I have to ride, and to do it in comfort. I haven't seen a lot of choices in the money area that I want to spend (somewhere around $1500 or so) I think a Jamis Coda might fit the bill. There is a dealer in town and I will be checking that option out soon. Are there other recommendations that anyone would care to make? I ride for fitness and fun, don't race, never will, might do an event ride someday, but that will always be secondary to just getting on the bike and riding to drip some sweat and see a few cows.