View Single Post
Old 02-15-07, 10:43 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by centexwoody
No way, my man, cuz once that Gibson is gone, you won't get it back.

There are many many bikes out there and since you are returning to cycling, ride the one you've got for awhile then upgrade. Two grand is a helluva lotta bucks for a bike by anyone's standards (there are many who will argue with me on this point) and lots of bikes that can be tested, ridden, sold, swapped that won't create the kind of investment conflict that this one seems to be making.

Of course, this is my opinion based on some beloved items I sold to get different items that just weren't worth it in the long term. Now I have neither...
Keep the Gibson and keep the bike. The bike May be a bit old school and before trying for a new bike- Try a longer stem on it. The new sirrus will not be that different to the old one And If I had to get a nerw bike- I would find something cheaper and that would be as good. Then I would definitely keep the Gibson.

Bl&&dy H*ll- To me it is a choice between the Gibson and the wife- And the gibson would still be a keeper.

Spike Milligan