Old 02-15-07, 11:22 AM
LynnH

Bikes: Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need Help putting on fund raiser.

Good Morning! I am a board member for the rural fire dept, and at our meeting last night I suggested that we do a bike ride fund raiser. It went over very well, the other members were quite enthusiastic! So now it is up to me to research enough for us to do it well. First thing I think is limit it to 200, not quite sure how to do that, if we don't make them sign up early. We just think that would be a reasonable amount of riders for us to understand better what we are doing. We have beautiful riding roads around, and would do one ride that is 42 miles with some climbing and one that is 20 miles with small rollers. Volunteer firefighters would be the support vehicles, what to feed at the end is a big question, the ride would start and end at the firestation, which has no kitchen facilities. I have been on one week long supported ride, so have some idea of what I liked. Does everyone have to have a number, what about the waiver? Any ideas, things you like, things you don't like, from the very basics would be very helpful.