View Single Post
Old 02-17-07, 03:13 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Type of riding you do?

Ought to be done as a poll but there are too many choices that are for style and type of riding to make it a pointless way of getting answers.

So What type of riding do you do?
Road- Mountain biking- Street cruising- Gentle trail type stuff- etc.

How fit do you class yourself?
Fit- Ultra fit- getting fit- or just getting on top of the downward spiral to couchdom.

How often do you ride?

Do you get any achievement rides in?
Maybe you regularly do Century rides- perhaps you do a few mountain climbs a year or perhaps you are in training for your first 25 mile organised ride

Any other points to note in that you ride for a reason?
To lose weight- To get over an illness- You have ro ride as a commuter-

For me- I ride a mountain bike Offroad over some pretty rough terrain. The fact that I do it on a Tandem makes it a bit more stupid, but it is the type of riding I like. I don't class myself as Very fit but I am more of an Enduro type rider. If there is a choice between a quick blast round the trails or a 30 miler- it will always be a longer ride. Ride mainly at weekends- Sunday morning for about 4 or 5 hours and in the week it is either a couple of 2 hour road rides or gym sessions. Although Night riding offroad on the Tandem is the highlight of the week if it can be arranged. I am normally in continual training for a 100 mile offroad ride that I do each year, but due to holiday and the event clashing this year- I am taking the road bike to France this year and will take in a mountain or two. My goal this year is to Ride Mt. Ventoux in a morning and get some other decents rides in aswell. I have no special reason for riding except 16 years ago I realised I was losing my fitness and used Biking as way of retaining what fitness I still had left.

Spike Milligan